Job Description Summary
The Network Engineer is responsible for driving connectivity for ALCON AVS (Alcon Vision Suite) and DHS (Digital Health Solution) Smart Suite products including Edge Device & 3rd Party Connectivity. The network engineer will assist regional leadership in defining annual connectivity goals, and will report metrics to regional key stakeholders. They will support the Service/CAS (Clinical Applications Specialists) organizations driving, maintaining, and troubleshooting customer connectivity, new installs, and issues. The network engineer guides customers to properly configure network router/firewall and proxies to enable Alcon legacy and AVS Digital Health portfolio connectivity.
- Ensure DHS Smart Suite and AVS installs are connected in a timely manner.
- Drive connectivity to new DHS Smart Suite customers, and supporting service organization with Alcon legacy and AVS product installation and post-installation connectivity activities, and potential customers' network issues and/or concerns.
- Track time of installation of Alcon AVS products and DHS Smart Suite customers
- Ensure all project installation phases of DHS Smart Suite installs are completed in a timely manner by supporting all installation process phases.
- Follow processes related to proper documentation after each task.
- Respond to monitoring alerts indicating down DHS-Smart Suite Edge Devices.
- Complete Alcon assigned training on time.
- Maintain professional communications when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Engage other Alcon teams as needed to address customer issues.
- Be available to collaborate with other teams as they request help.
- Own issues through the process until a handoff is confirmed.
- Proactively identify process improvements related to local and global tasks.
- Create presentations for leadership.
- Backfill other roles on the team as needed.
- Be current on industry trends.
- Customer focused attitude.
- Act with urgency when a medical device is down.
- Be results oriented.
- Perform duties ethically
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school+13yrs; Assoc.+9yrs; M.S+2yrs;PhD+0yrs)
The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
5 Years of Relevant Experience
- Cisco Certifications CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCIE.
- Experience supporting healthcare customers with BAA agreements, HIPAA, HITECH, network, security, data and privacy issues.
- Experience with EHR and DICOM Communication.
- Experience configuring multiple Firewall platforms, routers and VPN Appliances.
- Candidates must be residents of USA. Preference is given to candidates local to Fort Worth, TX or Lake Forest, CA.
- Candidate must be willing to complete CCNA certification within 6 months of hire.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills, excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Able to explain difficult concepts to a wide audience including senior leadership, non-technical customers, and tech savvy customers.
- Experience in troubleshooting networks and general IT issues.
- Ability to travel to customer sites and Alcon facilities in other cities (infrequent)
- Ability to lift network hardware and medical devices weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to work remote as needed.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio.
- Scheduling Flexibility including occasional after hours or weekends as needed.
- Ability to manage all aspects of customer service, customer satisfaction, and contractual commitments.
- Negotiation skills are critical.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.